I am always happy to discuss dissertation topics with prospective (graduate and undergraduate) supervisees, especially those studying Linguistics and/or Spanish, Portuguese or other Romance languages.
I am particularly interested in supervising or co-supervising research projects in areas including but not limited to the following:
- Theoretical, descriptive, comparative and/or general linguistics, especially (morpho-)syntax;
- Linguistic diversity and variation;
- Hispanic and Romance languages and dialectology;
- Understudied/endangered languages;
- Historical and synchronic linguistics;
- Spanish; Portuguese; Galician; Catalan; Astur-Leonese; Mozarabic/Andalusi Romance; Mirandese; Navarro-Aragonese; French; Occitan; Italian; Romanian; Latin;
- The Romance family and its branches (Ibero-Romance, Gallo-Romance, Italo-Romance, Daco-Romance).
I have previously supervised PhD and undergraduate projects on Spanish morphosyntax; the syntax-semantics interface in Spanish and English; Spanish phonology; comparative Hispanic dialectology; Spanish dialects in diachrony; Judaeo-Spanish (translation project).