FULLY-FUNDED PhD POSITION (DEADLINE 16 MARCH 2018): Fully-funded, 3.5yr interdisciplinary (comparative literature/linguistics/digital humanities) PhD project as part of the Forest Edge Doctoral Scholarship Programme (Leverhulme Trust/University of Birmingham), co-supervised by myself and Dr. Emanuelle Santos. Available to EU/UK passport holders. Applicants in literary studies, linguistics, social sciences, comparative literature, human geographies, and Portuguese (or Lusophone) studies are welcome. Details here and here.
I am always happy to discuss dissertation topics with prospective (graduate and undergraduate) supervisees, especially those studying Linguistics and/or Spanish, Portuguese or other Romance languages.
I am particularly interested in supervising or co-supervising research projects in areas including but not limited to the following:
- Theoretical, descriptive, comparative and/or general linguistics, especially (morpho-)syntax;
- Linguistic diversity and variation;
- Hispanic and Romance languages and dialectology;
- Understudied/endangered languages;
- Historical and synchronic linguistics;
- Spanish; Portuguese; Galician; Catalan; Astur-Leonese; Mozarabic/Andalusi Romance; Mirandese; Navarro-Aragonese; French; Occitan; Italian; Romanian; Latin;
- The Romance family and its branches (Ibero-Romance, Gallo-Romance, Italo-Romance, Daco-Romance).
I have previously supervised PhD and undergraduate projects on Spanish morphosyntax; the syntax-semantics interface in Spanish and English; Spanish phonology; comparative Hispanic dialectology; Spanish dialects in diachrony; Judaeo-Spanish (translation project).